Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lenten Devotions

“[Jesus said,] ‘Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.’"
--Matthew 11:28-30


So often we can get caught up in the cares of the world, trying to fix things to work out the way we want them to for our own benefit. We get bogged down with all we try to take on, overwhelmed by what we think we need to do. This can break us. However, Jesus gently lets us know that we don’t have to carry our heavy burdens alone. Jesus’ whole story reminds us that we cannot save ourselves, nor do we need to earn anything when it comes to him. In Jesus, we find the rest, renewal, and acceptance that will fix us when we can’t do it ourselves.
Fix You

No comments:

Post a Comment